Benefits of Service*
- Full-Time members receive a Living Allowance of $1,425/mo and an Education Award of $10,000**.
- Part-time Members receive a Living Allowance of $750/mo and an Education Award of $3,050.
- Health insurance for Full-Time Members (if eligible).
- Childcare for Full-Time Members (if eligible).
- Loan Forbearance.
- Transferability of Education Award (for members 55+).
- Training opportunities for professional/person growth, field experiencing in social services, and networking opportunities.
- Applicants must be 17 years or older, obtain a high school diploma or GED.
- Show proof of citizenship or lawful permanent residence.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to serve individuals with diverse economic, social, racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Have reliable transportation to service site.
- Term starts September 9, 2020
- At non-profits and agencies throught Santa Barbara County that assist veterans and people experiencing homelessness.
** AmeriCorps Members that successfully complete a Full-time 1700 hour service term approved through FY 2020 AmeriCorps State funding will be eligible to receive an AmeriCorps Education Award ($6,095 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award). Members may use the education award to pay for current educational expenses at an eligible institution, to repay qualified student loans, or both.
The Home For Good Santa Barbara County AmeriCorps Partnership For Veterans and People Experiencing Homelessness is a program of the United Way NSBC and is administered by CaliforniaVolunteers and sponsored by the Corporation for National and Community Service.