You are here
The Santa Barbara County AmeriCorps Partnership is a program of the United Way NSBC and is administered by CaliforniaVolunteers and sponsored by the Corporation for National and Community Service. AmeriCorps members serve with the United Way and in agencies that help veterans and people experiencing homelessness obtain housing, employment, provide assistance to the formerly homeless and connect them to other mainstream services to increase self-sufficiency.
- Street Outreach
- Housing Placement
- Housing Support
- Volunteer Recruitment
Benefits of Service
- Full-Time members receive a Living Allowance of $1,360/mo and an Education Award of $5,920.
- Part-time members receive a Living Allowance and Education Award relative to their term of service.
- Health insurance for Full-Time members (if eligible).
- Childcare for Full-Time members (if eligible).
- Loan Forbearance.
- Transferability of Education Award (for members 55+).
- Training opportunities for professional/person growth, field experiencing in social services, and networking opportunities.
- Applicants must be 17 years or older, obtain a high school diploma or GED.
- Show proof of citizenship or lawful permanent residence.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to serve individuals with diverse economic, social, racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Have reliable transportation to service site.
For more information!
The Santa Barbara County AmeriCorps Partnership For Veterans and People Experiencing Homelessness is a program of the United Way NSBC and is administered by CaliforniaVolunteers and sponsored by the Corporation for National and Community Service.