A MUST READ - A Victory is a Victory no matter how small. AmeriCorps member story by Lena White - Click Here
Santa Barbara County AmeriCorps Partnership and Northern Santa Barbara County United Way
In Santa Barbara County, on any given night, there are over 1,860 individuals experiencing homelessness. We know it is a problem. It is our privilege to fight to house the people in our county.
The Santa Barbara County AmeriCorps Partnership members commit to their time to ending homelessness and serving veterans throughout Santa Barbara County.
We support veterans!
The Best of America
AmeriCorps is a network of national service programs that aim to improve lives and fostering civic engagement. AmeriCorps members volunteer to address critical community needs like increasing mentoring youth, fighting poverty, sustaining national parks, preparing for disasters, and more.
To learn more about the national program, click here.
Home For Good: Everyone deserves a home for good.
Home For Good is the lead partner agency with the Santa Barbara County AmeriCorps Partnership and supports the Coordinated Entry System.
Home for Good Santa Barbara County Resources
(Standard Intakes, VI-SPDATs, ROIs, etc.)
Forms and Handouts
Member and Site Supervisor Forms
Santa Barbara County Public Health Department for ongoing and current updates on Covid-19 in Santa Barbara County.
Santa Barbara County Housing and Community Development for national and local information and resources.
We are now recruiting for the 2021-2022 term!
For more info please email: Lyiam@LiveUnitedSBC.Org
Santa Barbara County AmeriCorps Partnership
Member Position Description
- Street Outreach
- Housing Placement
- Housing Support
- Volunteer Recruitment
Benefits of Service*
- Full-time member monthly stipend $1,425.00
- Part-time member monthly stipend $750.00
- Health Insurance for full-time members
- Childcare for full-time members
- Education award (can be transferred to family members)
- Loan forbearance
- Professional growth and networking
- Experience working in social services, mental health field, public service, case management
- Training to help you succeed beyond AmeriCorps!
- Must be 17 years or older
- Have or be willing to obtain a high school diploma or GED
- Pass a criminal background check
- Reliable transportation or be able to use public transportation effectively
- Willing to serve a diverse population of individuals from various economic, social, racial, and cultural backgrounds with empath and awareness.
- Start serving September 6, 2021
- Throughout Santa Barbara County (Santa Maria, Lompoc, Santa Barbara)
*AmeriCorps members that successfully complete full-time or part-time approved service hours and contractual obligations may be eligible to receive an AmeriCorps Education Award (Segal AmeriCorps Education Award and the California For All Award). Members may use the education award to pay for current education expenses at an eligible institution, to repay qualified student loans; or both. americorps.gov for more info.
Check out these AmeriCorps VISTA Opportunities!