The Best of America
AmeriCorps is a network of national service programs, made up of three primary programs that each take a different approach to improving lives and fostering civic engagement. AmeriCorps members commit their time to address critical community needs like increasing academic achievement, mentoring youth, fighting poverty, sustaining national parks, preparing for disasters, and more.
To learn more about the national program, click here.
Serving Veterans and People Experiencing Homelessness
In this partnership AmeriCorps members address homelessness, with a focus on veterans, as it's a critical community need in Santa Barbara County.
Outreach and Homelessness
Santa Barbara County AmeriCorps Partnership and United Way
In Santa Barbara County, on any given night there are over 1,860 individuals experiencing homelessness.
We know it is a problem.
It is our privilege to fight to house the people in our county.
Visit Santa Barbara County Public Health Department for ongoing and current updates on Covid-19 in Santa Barbara County.
Santa Barbara County Housing and Community Development (HDC) also has a regularly updated site with national and local information and resources.
Home For Good Santa Barbara County AmeriCorps Partnership Member Position Description
- Street Outreach
- Housing Placement
- Housing Support
- Volunteer Recruitment
Benefits of Service*
- Full-time member monthly stipend $1,425.00
- Part-time member monthly stipend $750.00
- Health Insurance for full-time members
- Childcare for full-time members
- Education award (can be transferred to family members)
- Loan forbearance
- Professional growth and networking
- Experience working in social services, mental health field, public service, case management
- Training to help you succeed beyond AmeriCorps!
- Must be 17 years or older
- Have or be willing to obtain a high school diploma or GED
- Pass a criminal background check
- Reliable transportation or be able to use public transportation effectively
- Willing to serve a diverse population of individuals from various economic, social, racial and cultural backgrounds with empath and awareness.
- Start serving November 2, 2020
- Throughout Santa Barbara County (Santa Maria, Lompoc, Santa Barbara)
*AmeriCorps members that successfully complete full-time or part-time approved service hours and contractual obligations may be eligible to receive an AmeriCorps Education Award (Segal AmeriCorps Education Award). Members may use the education award to pay for current education expenses at an eligible institution, to repay qualified student loans, or both. americorps.gov for more info.
Also look at these AmeriCorps VISTA Opportunities!
Member and Site Supervisor Forms
Home for Good Santa Barbara County Resources
(Standard Intakes, VI-SPDATs, ROIs, etc.)
Forms and Handouts