2020 POINT IN TIME COUNT PRESENTATION
2020 POINT IN TIME HOMELESSNESS COUNT RESULTS RELEASED
THANK YOU & EVALUATION
We would appreciate it if you would share your experience as a volunteer with the Point-in-Time Count by completing the Volunteer Evaluation. We value and appreciate your input.
More than 500 people volunteered for the 2020 Santa Barbara County Point-in-Time Count! They recruited, surveyed and donated. We could not have done it without you!
Thank you for getting involved. We know homelessness is not an isolated issue. Everyone across Santa Barbara County must pitch in to help. Join our campaign to ensure longterm solutions to homelessness.
ABOUT THE POINT-IN-TIME COUNT
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR THE 2020 POINT-IN-TIME COUNT. The Point-In-Time Count is the annual count of individuals and families experiencing homelessness on a given day. The Santa Barbara County effort will take place on Wednesday, January 29 from 5:30am-8:30am. Teams of volunteers and experts will canvas assigned routes throughout the county and will briefly document who is experiencing homeless. This information can be used to plan local homeless assistance systems and raise public awareness. Volunteer trainings will be held in January. Join us today. Change doesn’t happen without you.
If you missed the inperson training you can complete the Online Point-In-Time Count Training. Please also register as a volunteer and sign Release of Liability & Confidentiality Agreement prior to January 29, 2020.
VOLUNTEER SIGN UP (REQUIRED)
Registration is closed.
If you are an expereinced volunteer you can contact email@example.com to help.
HELP US REACH MORE VOLUNTEERS
Print the Point-In-Time Count Poster
Share the Event on Facebook
* You may attend a Volunteer Training in any countywide location.
• Isla Vista: Tuesday, January 21 | 6-7:30pm. Isla Vista Community Service District, 970 Embarcadero Del Mar Suite 101
• Santa Barbara: Wednesday, January 22 | 5:30-7pm. Trinity Evangelical Lutheran, 909 N La Cumbre Rd
• Carpinteria: Thursday, January 23 | 6-7:30pm. Carpinteria City Hall, 5775 Carpinteria Ave
MID AND NORTH COUNTY
• Santa Maria: Thursday, January 16 | 12-1:30pm. Veterans Memorial Center, 313 W Tunnell St
• Lompoc: Thursday, January 16 | 6-7:30pm. Lompoc Veterans Memorial Building, 100 E Locust Ave
• Santa Maria: Thursday, January 23 | 6-7:30pm. Veterans Memorial Center, 313 W Tunnell St
Wednesday January 29, 2020 5:30am-8:30am
Please go to the Logistic Center your Team has been assigned to.
- Carpinteria, Carpinteria Veterans Memorial Building, 941 Walnut Ave
- Goleta, Goleta Valley Community Center, 5679 Hollister Ave
- Isla Vista, Isla Vista Community Service District, 970 Embarcadero Del Mar Suite 101
- Lompoc, Lompoc Veterans Memorial Building, 100 E Locust Ave,
- Solvang, People Helping People, 545 Alisal Rd #102,
- Santa Barbara (East), Franklin Neighborhood Center, 1136 E Montecito St
- Santa Barbara (West), Louise Lowry Davis Center, 1232 De La Vina St
- Santa Maria, Veterans Memorial Center, 313 W Tunnell St
• Wear comfortable shoes and clothes
• Dress warmly. Wear a jacket/sweatshirt/ raincoat, gloves, hat, etc.
• Bring a car (if possible)
• Bring a charged cell phone with a downloaded Counting Us app
• Bring a flashlight
• We will go rain or shine, so please bring an umbrella
• Get plenty of rest the night before!
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
ORGANIZE A SOCK AND SUPPLY DRIVE
Organize a Sock and Supply Drive!
If you have donations to pickup or drop off for year round outreach contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
New socks are essential, especially in the winter months. They also are one of the least donated, but most needed items. You can also help by donating: Amenities (soap, shampoo, lotion, toothbrushes, toothpaste and disposable razors), soft cereal bars, bottled water, rain ponchos, beanies, gloves, $5 food gift cards, bus passes or tokens. All of these supplies will be distributed during the Santa Barbara Count Point-in-Time Count or during year-round Coordinated Outreach.
Homelessness 101 Santa Barbara County